alestelle

Do I need to note my independent contractor 1099-misc as out of state income, even though all work done in LA (not the state as company address on 1099)?

I worked as an independent contractor, seeing patients in Louisiana. All pts were seen in LA (my state of residence), never out of state. However, the 1099 that I received had the company's address listed as FL. They subcontract out the hiring process with an outside company. Do I need to note this income as out of state income because of the address listed on the 1099? All of the work that I did was in state, never out of state of LA. 

ThomasM

No, this will be "resident state" income to you.  The payer address on the 1099 form does not determine where the income was earned.   

When you filled out the Personal Info section of TurboTax, you were asked Did you make money in any other states?  If you did not select "no" for that question, then you'll want to revisit that section and make the change.

Just click on Personal Info and you'll land on the Your Personal Income Summary page.  Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the heading Other State Income.  Click "Edit" to revisit this section.

ThomasM