leesporna

Do I need to file an 8332 revoke form if divorce decree states that I can claim our child now?

I don't remember signing a form 8332 when divorce was final and am sure haven't signed any since. Decree says as long as I have gained full employment and filed necessary forms with IRS and state taxing authorities. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If you are the custodial parent then you have the right to claim the child and all the child related credits unless you give the other parent a signed 8332.   Unless you signed a blanket form 8332 with the divorce then you don't need to do anything with that form. 

Did the child live with you more than 1/2 the year ?  
leesporna

Yes. She lives with me all year with occasional weekend visits with her father.
leesporna

How do I find out if there is a blanket form?

leesporna

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8332.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8332.pdf</a>

Part I is a year release only.
Part II releases for all future years.
Parr III revokes part II, but not for the current year.

It depend is you signed part II or not.   Unless you kept a copy, I know of no way that you can find out  what you signed.