Solved: Do I need to file a 1099misc that I earned from a non-profit(cleaning a church) that was under $3,000?

Do I need to file a 1099misc that I earned from a non-profit(cleaning a church) that was under $3,000?

Alumni

Yes, you must report all income, no matter how small.

Alumni

Thanks Jerry. That's what I get for reading to fast. I read the question wrong. 🙂

No. The recipient is never required to issue a 1099-MISC. Only the payor issues a 1099-MISC, and only if required.

On the other turbo tax document, it stated that a single filing who wasn't making more than 10,000 wouldn't file it? The church sent it to me. I lost the form. And it was for under 3,000 (it was like $2,000 and some change) It was a 1099 Misc I believe...

A 1099-MISC with income reported to you in box 3 or 7, that is greater than $400 is required to be reported. However, you don't need the form itself to report that income. It's self-employment income as far as the IRS is concerned. You'll report that income on a SCH C as a part of your personal tax return. Call the church and see if they can provide you a copy of it. If not, then ask them for the "exact" amount they reported to the IRS, that they paid to you. You need to report that exact amount as income, on a SCH C which is included with your personal tax return.