Do I need to enter my husband's ID number. He is o...

guyandlorihatch

Do I need to enter my husband's ID number. He is out of town and not available to send it to me right now, but I am ready to submit. Will the return be filed?

Are you filing a Joint return?  What number do you need?  You need his SSN.  If you filed a Joint return for 2018 you enter the same 2018 AGI for each of you to efile 2019.   You can try to efile now.  If it rejects you will have to wait to get it from him and try again.  

Garfield999

I have read this post numerous times

And well.......hmmmmmm.......

Just.....Hmmmmmmm

@guyandlorihatch  What are you trying to do?  Are you in the part of the FILE section that is asking for a driver's license?  That is not required to e-file your federal return, although there are some states that are pretty picky about it and you could need it to e-file your state return.  For your federal return it just adds another layer of security for you, but if you do not have access to your spouse's DL, skip that part.

Ok .... can you not phone him and ask for the state ID # ???  Is he off the grid ?