Solved: Do I need to enter a 1099-misc income under personal if entered under self employed business income. I did lest year and I think that may explain my higher taxes?

Do I need to enter a 1099-misc income under personal if entered under self employed business income. I did lest year and I think that may explain my higher taxes?

No, only enter it once, under the Business tab.

If you think you may have duplicated the entry last year, check your tax return.  Specifically, look at your Schedule C (which is where both entries wind up), on page 1, line 1, Gross Receipts or Sales.  You may need to check it against your records to see if you added the figure twice.

If the amount was duplicated, then you'll want to file an amended return (1040X) and remove it.  IRS only accepts amendments on paper, so you'll print, sign, and mail it.

Here's the TurboTax link for amending returns, which will get you started:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed