Solved: Do I need to do anything if my return was rejected because i filed jointly with my spouse?

Do I need to do anything if my return was rejected because i filed jointly with my spouse?

I started to file separately, but the then I filed jointly with my spouse (as I got married last year), so my SSN is listed on our joint tax return i.e. MFJ. In the meantime, my single return was rejected as it should be. How do I delete it if it has been transmitted and rejected by IRS? I do not need to correct errors, I just need to delete it. 

For next year's filing 2017,file by April 15, 2019, I will file jointly with my husband's login to Turbo Tax. I will still need to access Turbo Tax for my previous years tax returns 2016 and before. 

Any further steps that I need to take?

[name deleted]

Congratulations, and Relax! A rejected return is same as if you never tried to file one, so no corrective measures required.

As for next year - Unfortunately, there is no way to merge premarital files. One of you will become 'Primary Taxpayer', the other  - Spouse - will have to manually enter applicable prior year info. You will still be able to access prior years with established protocols ...

Wow! That was a fast and thorough response. I am super impressed. Thanks!

You're quite welcome! Enjoy the transition ...