codycooper1234

Do I need to amend my return since I was under my parent's insurance in 2018 but received a 1095-B today stating I was on the AZ HCCC system in Dec '18 when I signed up?

AlanT

No, you do not need to file an amended income tax return to include your 1095-B.  The information on the form only provides information about your health coverage, including who was covered, and when the coverage was in effect. You most likely already included this information on your original return by stating you were covered for the full year. 

If you did not report you were covered for December 2018, you would file an amended income tax return to remove the penalty for not have insurance for December 2018. 

AlanT