turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

diannehui

Do i have to pay for the 2016 turbotax cd/download software if i did my 2016 taxes with turbotax online?

I need to amend my 2016 return but I get a message saying 

We're sorry

It looks like you missed the deadline to add a state or amend your return online using TurboTax.

But don't worry! We can still help you amend a return or add a state on your desktop. Downloading the software or getting it on a CD is an easy way to fix your return using TurboTax software.

But when I follow the amend a return link it gives me the same response

So I checked what would happen if I tried to amend my 2015 return and it allows me to download the software free. So can I do the same for the 2016 software?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do i have to pay for the 2016 turbotax cd/download software if i did my 2016 taxes with turbotax online?

Download the tax data file from the Welcome Back screen or from the 2016 Timeline accessed from the Welcome Home screen.

Go to this website for the 2016 amend software for Windows - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty16/

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Download the tax data file from the Welcome Back screen or from the 2016 Timeline accessed from the Welcome Home screen.

Go to this website for the 2016 amend software for Windows - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty16/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies