Solved: Do I have to pay estimated taxes if my wife will no longer make 1099 income this coming year? We file jointly and I'm a W-2 employee.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to pay estimated taxes if my wife will no longer make 1099 income this coming year? We file jointly and I'm a W-2 employee.

Am I forced to pay the amount TurboTax calculated? I don't want to incur any penalties. My wife will either work as a W-2 employee or not work at all this year.

You are not required to pay estimated taxes if you estimate that your withholding for 2018 will cover your 2018 tax bill.

The filing of the form 1040-ES that TT prepares is optional