ellistom22

Do I have to do the FL state tax because of 1099-Misc

Not sure why they are asking questions about FL. I worked for a company based in FL and received 1099-Misc?

tagteam

" I worked for a company based in FL and received 1099-Misc?"

Florida does not impose an individual income tax; there is nothing you need to file with the state. 

The Florida return in TurboTax is for business and rental property owners located in Florida to report assets to their county property appraisers. 

By entering the 1099-MISC from a company located in Florida, the program has assumed that you have a business located in Florida and might have assets located in Florida to report. Since that is clearly not the case, you can skip the Florida return in TurboTax entirely. Choose Skip State in the State Taxes section (see screenshot).

tagteam

rsromeo

I sold goods on Amazon and they sent me a 1099-MISC, do I need to file a FL return?

@rsromeo Did you read the reply that is directly above your quesiton?

rsromeo

Yes but he said he worked for a company, I just sold goods through Amazon.

That does not change the fact that Florida does not have a state income tax.

rsromeo

ok thanks

rsromeo

Sorry, one last thing. I'm using TurboTax online version and it started the state return already and I don't see a way to remove it?

rsromeo

nevermind, found where to do it.