Do I even have to file a state tax return? I only made $1600 in NY which is less than the standard deduction. Turbo tax seems to be including my out of state incomes.

I am in the military and a NH resident. I worked a small amount in NY while attending school. For some reason, my military income is being considered in the NY taxes and making it seem like I am above the standard deduction in the state.

You are correct that your military income should not be included in your Non-Resident New York return, only the income earned and taxes paid there.  

If you are below the New York filing requirements, you are also correct that you would not need to file a return, unless you paid tax there that you want refunded. 

If you do file a Non-Resident New York return, prepare this return first, before your Resident New Hampshire return.

Here's more info:

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/nonresidents.htm