Do i enter jobs done seperately that did not go on a 1099-misc or do I add them up and just used one total amount

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i enter jobs done seperately that did not go on a 1099-misc or do I add them up and just used one total amount

Example my husband did a gutter job for a homeowner and not a company do I enter each of those income amounts separately or totaled he does not get a 1099 from homeowners
1 Reply

You can do it either way. You can enter a lump sum or individual amounts and descriptions. To get back to the section:

1. Go to Business Income & Expenses and select Start or Update
  2. You'll be on a summary screen for your self-employed business(s). Click Edit/Revisit/Update next to the self-employed business.
  3. Next, you'll be at the summary screen that says Your XYZ Business. Scroll down to Business Income and click Start or Update.
  4. Click Start or Update/Revisit next to General Income. Enter the total with a description like 'Sales' or divide it out in a few totals if it's easier for you. 
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings