turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I expect TurboTax to pay the difference that I now owe Oregon since you prepared the return, it was accepted, and paid to me? I’ve used your company for many years.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I expect TurboTax to pay the difference that I now owe Oregon since you prepared the return, it was accepted, and paid to me? I’ve used your company for many years.

Should have just asked how to speak to someone in charge. Apologies. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

But why do you owe OR? What was the alleged mistake that TT made?

Wish I could answer that but TT won’t allow me the chance to clarify the mistake made, just allow me know a mistake was made and the results are paying almost my entire state return back.

Ok let's start over.  Your state return was accepted?  And Oregon sent the refund?
Then did Oregon send you a letter asking for some back?  The letter should say what they changed on your return.  Was your federal return ok?

Both accepted. Oregon paid. No letter for Oregon, one from IRS asking for forms I do not possess and do not apply. Have not received federal.

So what is the problem?  Do you mean you think your Oregon return was wrong because you owed?

Clearly both returns were prepared incorrectly. Is this just a chat board? I thought I would be getting answers not questions.

Sorry this is a open forum.  We can help but you have to give us details.  

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

You say "clearly both returns were prepared incorrectly" Why do you think that? And what did the iRS ask for?

Sorry we can't see your returns or screens.  Exactly what do you think Is wrong?  What line numbers?  What did you enter?

And what  do you mean....tt won't allow you the chance to clarify the mistake made.....?
If something was wrong on your return you can amend it.

Should have just asked how to speak to someone in charge. Apologies. 

Did you use the Free Edition?  The Free Edition does not have phone support.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies