turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Looking for the total amount I paid TurboTax for my 2016 tax return (filing, postpayment service fees, etc)

my id is [personal info removed]
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Looking for the total amount I paid TurboTax for my 2016 tax return (filing, postpayment service fees, etc)

Did you not get an email order confirmation with your products and fees?  Also check your email's spam/junk folder and other email accounts.

See if you can use this tool:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/orderstatus/orderstatus.jsp

Here's a way to see the order details:

• Scroll to Some things you can do.
  • Choose View order details.

Here's another more complicated way to view your fees, which involves reopening the return.  Do not make any changes in the return.

• Choose Add a state.  (you don't really add one; that's just to reopen the return.)
  • Once the return is open, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose MY FEES.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

If you have any question about your fees, you can phone TurboTax Support during business hours, which are listed in the FAQ below.

FAQ:  How do I contact TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5566005

View solution in original post

8 Replies

This is a public Internet forum.  For your privacy/security please do not post personal info in the public forum.  No telling who might try to contact you.

sorry and thank you. any answers though?

Thank you. That worked great. however, the amount I received is $197.87 short off my expected federal refund. When I look at the turbotax fees, I see its only $162.89 --  I think its missing the fee they said they would charge me to have me not pay upfront, but have it deducted out of my refund. Where can I find how much was that fee supposed to be?

The fee to pay out of the refund is 34.99 (39.99 for California filers.)   It looks like the 34.99 service fee would account for that difference, except for 1 penny still unaccounted.  162.89 plus 34.99 is 197.88.

That 34.99 fee should be listed somewhere in one of the 3 methods I mentioned below.

That sounds like a lot.  What all were you charged for?   Self-employed Edition is 114.99; a state return is 39.99, so that would total 154.98, and I guess some sales tax on top of that.  Plus the 34.99 service fee.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the fed adjusting my refund. It was this stupid Uber driving, turbotax had me upgrade to the fed self employed option (over $100, maybe like $150) in order to make the deductions on my schedule c. I don't know if I got ripped off, but at least I'm happy so far I was able to make my $26K reported 1099 uber income into a $3K earned income. I think I did it right, I just got my 2K federal refund and I hope they don't bother me with an audit

You won't want to hear it now, but you could have used desktop Deluxe to handle all that.  It's 69.99 for Federal and State from TurboTax, and discounted below that in places like Amazon, Costco, Sams, etc.   Next  year you should also look into the desktop product (CD/download).  There is a 24.99 state efile fee (except no fee for New York, and no fee to print and mail the state return.)  So that would have made it 94.98 if purchased from TurboTax.   Desktop Deluxe can handle the Schedule C with expenses as can all desktop products.

Got it, I'll try to remember that for next year.. Have a great day/night!

Did you not get an email order confirmation with your products and fees?  Also check your email's spam/junk folder and other email accounts.

See if you can use this tool:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/orderstatus/orderstatus.jsp

Here's a way to see the order details:

• Choose View order details.

Here's another more complicated way to view your fees, which involves reopening the return.  Do not make any changes in the return.

• Choose Add a state.  (you don't really add one; that's just to reopen the return.)
  • Once the return is open, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose MY FEES.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

If you have any question about your fees, you can phone TurboTax Support during business hours, which are listed in the FAQ below.

FAQ:  How do I contact TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5566005

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies