turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jozy238

I bought & downloaded TurboTax Deluxe 2015 so I can file taxes for 2015. I followed the instructions to open the application on my mac, but it's still not opening. Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I bought & downloaded TurboTax Deluxe 2015 so I can file taxes for 2015. I followed the instructions to open the application on my mac, but it's still not opening. Help?

For a MAC 10.13 system, you will also need to download and install the fix file  for 2014 and 2015.  When MAC brought out OS X 10.13, there were too many changes to the OS such that the older TTX software won't run.  The fix file fixes it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6960641

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Did you maybe download the Windows program?
jozy238

I checked and I did download the correct one for Mac.
Carl
Level 15

I'm a windows user myself. But I'm wondering if maybe you have a newer OS that TTX 2015 will not work on? I checked the website at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/persona...> and see nowhere where it list system requirements for the MAC version. @macuser_22 care to jump in here?

I bought &amp; downloaded TurboTax Deluxe 2015 so I can file taxes for 2015. I followed the instructions to open the application on my mac, but it's still not opening. Help?

For a MAC 10.13 system, you will also need to download and install the fix file  for 2014 and 2015.  When MAC brought out OS X 10.13, there were too many changes to the OS such that the older TTX software won't run.  The fix file fixes it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6960641

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
jozy238

I bought &amp; downloaded TurboTax Deluxe 2015 so I can file taxes for 2015. I followed the instructions to open the application on my mac, but it's still not opening. Help?

Thanks so much! This worked.
thepesci

I managed to fix TT2014, but TT2015 wont start, I have macOS Mojave 10.14.3, any ideas on how to resolve this? the fix might need an update

I downloaded the file, but when I double click..the box that pops up as you indicate...but the only thing I can do is push the button that says "OK"--not "Open Anyway."  And when I push OK, nothing happens.  Won't open.    I'm on 10.4.4

I mean...10.14.4

I am running MacOS Mojave 10.14.4. I also was able to run this fix, which opened TT2014, but I cannot open TT2015. Anyone have a fix? Maybe @macuser_22  (FYI, you steered me to taxprinter.com, which allowed me to print my 2104 returns last week). Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies