Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I rec'd a combine INT income 1099-int. I need to enter my INT income & FED income tax w/held. I entered as employee income 4 FED INC w/held. Got error 4 zero income enter

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I rec'd a combine INT income 1099-int. I need to enter my INT income & FED income tax w/held. I entered as employee income 4 FED INC w/held. Got error 4 zero income enter

Delete the W-2/employee form that you reported the withholding on.  There is a small trash can icon that you click on to remove it.   Report the interest under 1099-INT.  If you have Federal withholding on the 1099-INT, you can enter with the interest in Box 4.  If you already entered the 1099-INT, click on Edit.  

Under Box 1, you will see ''My form has info in more than just box 1 (this is uncommon).''  Check that box if you have withholding on your 1099-INT, and you will see where to enter it. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Delete the W-2/employee form that you reported the withholding on.  There is a small trash can icon that you click on to remove it.   Report the interest under 1099-INT.  If you have Federal withholding on the 1099-INT, you can enter with the interest in Box 4.  If you already entered the 1099-INT, click on Edit.  

Under Box 1, you will see ''My form has info in more than just box 1 (this is uncommon).''  Check that box if you have withholding on your 1099-INT, and you will see where to enter it. 

Thanks a bunch. As you mention once I checked the more than just box 1. Other options appeared for entry in Box 4..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies