Solved: Daughter and I moved out of our apartment October 2016. Can I file HOH under that address or should I file single next yr? I'd like to file correctly.

Daughter and I moved out of our apartment October 2016. Can I file HOH under that address or should I file single next yr? I'd like to file correctly.

Alumni
Alumni

You can file HOH if:

• Your daughter qualifies as your dependent, and
  • Your daughter lived with you more than 1/2 of the year (at any address), and
  • You provided more than 1/2 of the cost of maintaining the home.

Which address you list doesn't matter (and the IRS form doesn't ask which address or addresses it is), so long as the above criteria are met.

Alumni
Alumni

You can file HOH if:

File with the address at which the IRS will be able to contact you.