turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SCT1

Tax and interest deduction worksheet total sales tax rate for married filing jointly but living in different states

We're filing a joint itemized return. We live in separate states.  Schedule A Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet line 1B asks for dates lived in state. My husband lived in one state the entire calendar year and I lived in another state seven months out of that calendar year.  I entered him living in one state 1/1/17 through 12/31/17 and me in another state 5/11/17 through 12/31/17. Turbo Tax questions these entries since it totals more than 365 days.  How do I correct this error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax and interest deduction worksheet total sales tax rate for married filing jointly but living in different states

Sorry ... but you can only choose one state per day even if you lived in different states. Choose the state with the larger tax rate when you have a duplication of days. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry ... but you can only choose one state per day even if you lived in different states. Choose the state with the larger tax rate when you have a duplication of days. 

@Critter#2 is this a IRS rule? I am in the exact same situation. I lived in TX 1/1-12/31 and wife lived in TX 1/1-9/31 and in CA 10/1-12/31.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies