This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit: Recovery Rebate Credit.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Yes. Even if you normally don't file a return, if you do not receive the second stimulus payment, you can prepare a 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received.
To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:
- Go to Turbotax.com and select the Free version of TurboTax.
- Enter your personal information in your return.
- Click Federal Review at the top of your screen.
- On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received.
- TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to. This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.
Since you have no taxable income in the return, you will have to print it and mail it in.