Credit recovery rebate

Credit recovery rebate

Credit recovery rebate

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

Credit recovery rebate

I'm sorry I didnt ask my question the right way I k ow about it but I want to know if you guys can help me filling my 1040 even tho I am not required to file taxes this year

Credit recovery rebate

Yes.  Even if you normally don't file a return, if you do not receive the second stimulus payment, you can prepare a 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received. 

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Turbotax.com and select the Free version of TurboTax.
  2. Enter your personal information in your return.
  3. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  4. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  5. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  6. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

Since you have no taxable income in the return, you will have to print it and mail it in.