Srosebor2020

COVID Stimulus Payments to Turbotax Debit Prepaid Cards

How can Turbotax say they partnered with IRS to create a tool to see if you are eligible but Turbotax do not have an answer about whether the stimulus payments with be deposited to turbotax cards? Prior to partnering on that shouldn't you have asked that for your many customers that utilize turbotax prepaid cards?

JotikaT2

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts.

We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Please be aware the situation has been changing daily and the IRS has been implementing procedures for all of the tax relief and stimulus payments.  I apologize for your frustration but we will do our best to update you as soon as we have confirmation from the IRS.

Srosebor2020

I received an alert to my phone (turbo tax card) which stated the amount of my stimulus had arrived. When I clicked on the alert it prompted me to log in then there was nothing. Can you explain this?

Srosebor2020

Also details have been finalized by IRS they started sending out funds. So now what are you all waiting on to answer people's questions about funds that are really needed. I have to say this customer service really smell shady and that's not good business. I'm not sure if you are trying to insult customers intelligence but I'm just letting you know that's how many of your customers feel.

LeonardS

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.