herewegonow97

Could I file head of house hold?

I'm 65 I like to file head of house hold.

Texas Roger

Could I file head of house hold?

You must have a qualifying person who you claim to qualify you to file as Head of Household:

Head of Household filing status qualifications:

1. You are not married or “considered unmarried” on the last day of the year. You are considered unmarried if you lived apart from your spouse the entire last 6 months of the year.

2. If "considered unmarried" you file a separate return from your spouse.

3. You paid more than half the cost of keeping up your home  for the year.

4. You have a qualifying child (whether or not you claim the dependency exemption) or you claim a dependency exemption for a “qualifying person”  who is related to you and who lived with you in the home for more than half the year. An exception is a parent does not have to live with you to be a qualifying person.

Texas Roger

Could I file head of house hold?