turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

disqus1515
Returning Member

What year did the 1095-b mandate go in effect for employers to provide the form for its employees?

I received a 1095-b in 2015 but not one 2014. Did the form exist in 2014? Should I request a copy of a 1095-b from my employer for 2014 to have on file for proof of being insured?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What year did the 1095-b mandate go in effect for employers to provide the form for its employees?

You don't need one for 2014.

Technically, it started in 2014, but the IRS issued a get-out-of-jail free card for 2014, so nobody filed them until 2015.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You don't need one for 2014.

Technically, it started in 2014, but the IRS issued a get-out-of-jail free card for 2014, so nobody filed them until 2015.

disqus1515
Returning Member

Ok ,so no employer sent out 1095-b in 2014? It was not a requirement to file form 1095-b until 2015 with the IRS?

Correct.
disqus1515
Returning Member

was that a correct for both questions?
Ok ,so no employer sent out 1095-b in 2014? It was not a requirement to file form 1095-b until 2015 with the IRS?

Some may have sent them out, but I didn't see any.  It was not a requirement to file them until 2015.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies