When I purchased the State it said it would also do my city, however I don't see an application to file city return
Please see this TurboTax article: Which city tax returns can I do in the TurboTax state program?
You have to indicate in the State section of the software that you also want to fill out a city return. Here are instructions for accessing the city returns for Michigan and Ohio
If you are still working on your MI return:
- As you go through your MI return, you will see a screen, Which Cities Did You Live or Work In? Select your city from the list in the box and click Continue.
- Once you have completed your Michigan state return, TurboTax will ask you if you live or work in any of the cities that have local income taxes. Mark the box for your city (if it isn't already marked].
- Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.
- At the end you will be given mailing instructions for your city tax return.
Please keep in mind that you will have to print out and mail your city return. TurboTax will give you the address.
If you have already completed your MI return:
- Go back into your MI return Michigan taxes are ready for us to check, click the Edit box next to Other Situations.
- On the screen A few things before we wrap up your state taxes, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Michigan City Tax Returns.
- Proceed with Step 1, in the first section.
TurboTax can prepare your RITA return (Form 37) or City Tax Form (Form 120-16-IR) as part of the OH state interview. Please follow these steps:
- When preparing your OH return, you will come to a screen A few things before we wrap up your state taxes.
- Scroll down to the Ohio city taxes section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to Ohio city taxes
- On the Do you want to file your city income taxes? screen, mark the box for the type of return you wish to prepare. Mark the appropriate box: RITA or CCC and click Continue.
Continue through the screens, entering the requested information, to prepare the city return.
Please keep in mind that these city forms [except for Detroit] cannot be e-filed. You must print them and mail them in.