turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pollackd
Returning Member

Cannot correct 2017 IRS Rejected Return. Intuit Voice Support cannot locate me even with a Support ID.

Note: I had a Support ID but the Intuit Voice system could not identify me and thus could not talk to someone on the phone.

I filed my 2017 Taxes via E-File on 13th Sep 2018.

Later that day the IRS rejected the e-file because the Social Security Number for my wife was incorrect.

Today (13th Dec – 3 months after the rejection) and found the email from Intuit stating the return needs to be updated. I clicked the button in the email “Let’s fix my return”.

After clicking the button and logging into turbo tax and locating the 2017 return, I cannot locate a place on Turbo Tax online to fix the error. There is no “Fix My Return” Button.

Please note: I am NOT amending the form because the IRS never accepted it. I am fixing an error so the IRS will accept it for the very first time.

How can I fix the error on 2017 Online return?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Cannot correct 2017 IRS Rejected Return. Intuit Voice Support cannot locate me even with a Support ID.

The TurboTax 2017 online editons have closed.  The 2017 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Correct the Social Security number using a blue or black ink pen.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The TurboTax 2017 online editons have closed.  The 2017 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Correct the Social Security number using a blue or black ink pen.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

Then for this year’s 2018 return be sure to correct her ssn that transfers over.
pollackd
Returning Member

Excellent Answer !!!!!  I will print, fix, and send.  Separately I'd love to find out why the Inuit Support Auto Operator cannot identify me......
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies