turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you tell me why am i being charged $219.98 fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You appear to be using the TurboTax Live product, which is 179.99 for a Federal return and 39.99 for a State return.  That would total 219.98.

Did you choose a higher product than you wanted?   What edition did you think you were using?

TurboTax Live is the most expensive version and includes help from a CPA or EA during return preparation and a review of the return by a tax professional prior to filing.

If that's not the product you want, I've left info below on how to downgrade to a lower edition, which requires clearing the return and starting over.    Or if you don't want to start over in a lower online edition, you may wish to move to the desktop software, where you can continue the return without starting over.  We can tell you how to download the *.tax2017 data file you have been working on and move to a desktop edition (CD/download), which will be cheaper than the TurboTax Live you are currently using.   Desktop Deluxe, for example, is 79.99, and includes a state return preparation (there is a 24.99 fee to efile the state return, except free for New York; there is no fee to print and mail the state return.)    If you want to do that, report back, and we can tell you how to make that move to the desktop software.

Otherwise, if you want to keep using Online TurboTax and want to downgrade to a lower edition, please review the following FAQ, and it will tell you how you can downgrade by using "Clear and Start Over."  Be sure the edition you select can handle the forms you need. 

FAQ:   Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288495

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You appear to be using the TurboTax Live product, which is 179.99 for a Federal return and 39.99 for a State return.  That would total 219.98.

Did you choose a higher product than you wanted?   What edition did you think you were using?

TurboTax Live is the most expensive version and includes help from a CPA or EA during return preparation and a review of the return by a tax professional prior to filing.

If that's not the product you want, I've left info below on how to downgrade to a lower edition, which requires clearing the return and starting over.    Or if you don't want to start over in a lower online edition, you may wish to move to the desktop software, where you can continue the return without starting over.  We can tell you how to download the *.tax2017 data file you have been working on and move to a desktop edition (CD/download), which will be cheaper than the TurboTax Live you are currently using.   Desktop Deluxe, for example, is 79.99, and includes a state return preparation (there is a 24.99 fee to efile the state return, except free for New York; there is no fee to print and mail the state return.)    If you want to do that, report back, and we can tell you how to make that move to the desktop software.

Otherwise, if you want to keep using Online TurboTax and want to downgrade to a lower edition, please review the following FAQ, and it will tell you how you can downgrade by using "Clear and Start Over."  Be sure the edition you select can handle the forms you need. 

FAQ:   Can I switch to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288495
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies