turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bk3204

Can you sign up for automatic bank withdrawals for quarterly estimated taxes by the IRS for 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

Can you sign up for automatic bank withdrawals for quarterly estimated taxes by the IRS for 2019?

Yes, you can. Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) is an integrated e-file/e-pay option offered only when filing your federal taxes using tax preparation software or through a tax professional. Using this payment option, you may submit one or more payment requests for direct debit from your designated bank account. 

See the IRS Electronic Funds Withdrawl Payment Record Instructions and How to Make an Electronic Funds Withdrawal Payment.

At this time, the IRS, does not have this option if you use IRS Direct Pay. Per Additional Information on IRS Direct Pay

• Can I set up recurring payments using IRS Direct Pay?  You can only submit one payment at a time using IRS Direct Pay.
  • Can I schedule a future payment?  Yes, you can schedule a payment up to 30 days in advance.

To make a payment, see Direct Pay Home Page.

Related information: 

[Edited 2-14-19|9:36 am PST]

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HelenaC

There is an IRS option to schedule recurring estimated tax payments. See my revised answer. Thank you.
HelenaC

Yes, you can. Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW) is an integrated e-file/e-pay option offered only when filing your federal taxes using tax preparation software or through a tax professional. Using this payment option, you may submit one or more payment requests for direct debit from your designated bank account. 

See the IRS Electronic Funds Withdrawl Payment Record Instructions and How to Make an Electronic Funds Withdrawal Payment.

At this time, the IRS, does not have this option if you use IRS Direct Pay. Per Additional Information on IRS Direct Pay

• Can I set up recurring payments using IRS Direct Pay?  You can only submit one payment at a time using IRS Direct Pay.
  • Can I schedule a future payment?  Yes, you can schedule a payment up to 30 days in advance.

To make a payment, see Direct Pay Home Page.

Related information: 

[Edited 2-14-19|9:36 am PST]

Kentwsj

So when I eFiled with TurboTax on a March 28 I thought I set up an EFW for July 10. I can’t find any record of this. I don’t see anything in my PDFs of the returns or in my TurboTax account. Is there any way of finding out what that date was established?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies