Critter#2 responded to a similar question this way:
You can also request your code via text message. To receive your code through text please complete the following:
1. Sign into your account
2. Select My Account
3. Select Account Settings
4. Select the blue Security tab on the left
5. Select Two Step Verification
6. Select Turn On
7. Enter your Phone Number and Password
8. Sign out of TurboTax, close your browser and sign back in. You should receive a verification code shortly after signing back into your account.
If you are still unable to get the code to work through text, choose I forgot my user ID or password and then choose I don't know my email address or user ID. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself, and then you’ll be asked a few questions verify your identity. If that method fails, you’ll get a phone number to contact customer support.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
You can choose to have your verification code sent via text. Here's how to do so:
- After signing in to TurboTax Online, go to Take me to my Return
- Under Manage my account, click Change user Id, email,or password
- Click to turn on Two Step Verification
- Choose the option to Text and enter your password to confirm
Also, be sure to ensure that your phone number is up to date
We do not arrange “live” expert calls for you from the user forum.
You are posting from TurboTax Live. You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.