g12

Can you help my wife passed away in nov.It wants driver license information. but there is no place to put the info on the form.can you help me with this? Thank you.

KarenJ

I am sorry for your loss.

In an effort to help protect your identity and fight tax fraud, the IRS and many state tax offices are now asking that tax filers provide their driver’s license or state issued ID number.

Providing this info is not required to file your taxes. However, in some states, omitting this info may delay the processing of your return.

I am not sure whether it is a federal or state return you are trying to file but in most cases, the number is not required.

KarenJ

I am sorry for your loss.