Solved: Can you file federal and state at different times

Can you file federal and state at different times

Yes

Can I file my federal taxes now and skip my state for later?

You can, but your e-filed federal return will need to be accepted before you can e-file your state (or, you can just paper-file your state return later).

Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:

1. Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later re-do your state return
  2. Pay for both your federal and state returns now and when you get to the Here are your filing options screen, select Change next to your state return. On the the Change filing method screen, select I'm not ready to file and Save.

Method 1 doesn't require up-front payment for your state, but you'll have to re-enter your state information later. Method 2 saves the work you did on your state return, but requires up-front payment.

Yes