hollysmoke1

Can you explain why my 2018 income taxes was not sent in as I had it E filed and as of December 23rd. it wasn`t there?

I was ask to send it in so I did as of December 26 2019. They had my amount I owed 896.00 but no 2018 tax form.
DaraLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

E-filed tax returns are accepted by the IRS until November.  If you tried to e-file after the IRS deadline, this could be the reason why you were required to mail your return.

If you mailed your return, but the IRS has no record of it, you would need to contact the IRS directly to discuss the issue.

hollysmoke1

I did my taxes on line with turbo tax and sent them by e-file on February the 8,  2019 then on about the end of February they sent word my bank would not except the visa card so I sent the income tax a check for 896.00 which was cashed. Never heard another word from them till December 23, 2019 that I had credit of 896.00 but wasn`t sure what I wanted to do with it and by the way we never received your 2018 tax return.???????????? They then ask me to send in my copy of 2018 tax return . which I did which they received December 26 2019. GOD only knows how long it will take before they will let me know what now.

AmyC

I regularly see the IRS say they did not receive a form or an entire return. The IRS is very good at depositing checks. Turbo Tax does not work for the IRS so I can not speak for them. The process usually moves along pretty quickly once they have all the forms.

If you want to call and speak to Turbo Tax customer service, they can give you the DCN of your tax return. The DCN, Declaration Control Number, is assigned to every return filed. The IRS can then, usually, locate your return in their system. Since you have mailed it, you do not need to call them with the DCN. That would have been a good step before mailing.

Here is a link to customer service.

Was your return Accepted?  Did you get any emails when you efiled?  When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. what does it say?