turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you check to see if I have been getting my discount offered by my bank Desert Financial FCU? This goes back several years. I have no other way to find out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Can you check to see if I have been getting my discount offered by my bank Desert Financial FCU? This goes back several years. I have no other way to find out.

No one in the user forum has access to your account.  We cannot check it for you.  Whenever you have been offered an affiliate discount for the software, you have to use the link on the affiliate's site to start your tax return in order to get the discount.  

You could try asking customer support to look at your account and see if you have been getting it.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time  Monday-Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

For 2020, their "Get Started" link button is here:

Tax Time resources and discounts | Desert Financial Credit Union

That "usually" attaches some type of cookie in your computer that triggers the "up-to" $15 discount for use of the Online software .  The amount of the discount depends on which software package you end up using.

BUT, between now and the time you file, or pay for your software, you should visit that link again, just before filing or paying, because sometimes that cookie gets deleted in the month(s) you take to prepare your taxes.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

FYI ... the "UP TO $15 OFF" is  off the regular pricing but the program is currently discounted so you will not see another $15 off which is confusing.   And you should ALWAYS use the link to log in ... if you log in directly thru the TT site you will lose that "cookie" ... look at the web site to see if the TT price is less right now.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

If you qualify  AND   if you wait until mid January  THEN you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must be patient.    https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

IRS Free File: Closed until January 2021

IRS Free File is closed for the 2020 tax season. Check back in January for Filing Season 2021 opening details.

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use IRS Free File partner offers.

@Critter-3 wrote:

"  FYI ... the "UP TO $15 OFF" is  off the regular pricing but the program is currently discounted so you will not see another $15 off which is confusing.   "

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

@Critter-3 

That might (?) not be exactly true?....could depend on the cookie or something, but I checked the Online prices:

1) starting point right now is $20 off for Deluxe and Premier  (down to $40 and $70) and $30 off for SE at $90

2) then went back in thru the Fidelity Discount page :

https://www.fidelity.com/tax-information/turbotax-discount/overview

...and at least on the main display page, it did drop the prices another $10, $15, and $20, so down to DLX $30,  PRM $55, and SE $70

Of course I have no idea if that properly carries thru to the actual payment page  inside an account.

LATER:  When I went thru the fidelity site, and the TTX page showed $55 for Premier, I logged in to my test Premier account, and the My Fees still showed the $70, and not $55......so?????   Cost-display screwup? So maybe the extra $15 off only comes in at the actual payment page  (which I'd never do since I refuse to actually use Online myself).

.....or you are right on target all along and my test is a TTX web-page screw-up

Also, the supposed lower price Fidelity cookie isn't kept if I simply shut down my browser and restart it..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

It has not in the past ... when I worked for TT I had to explain this many many times.  The one thing to be aware of is the discount goes away every year around the first of March ... so paying now (in the FILE tab)  to lock in the discount is always the wise thing to do.  

FYI ... for anyone who qualifies :  

If you qualify  AND   if you wait until mid January  THEN you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must be patient.    https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

IRS Free File: Closed until January 2021

IRS Free File is closed for the 2020 tax season. Check back in January for Filing Season 2021 opening details.

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use IRS Free File partner offers.

@Critter-3    You may be right...I added a bit more to my post above.  TTX may have an issue with their cookie/Cost displays.

Here's what I see on 22 Dec 2020, when I access thru the Fidelity Discount web page.

Wonder what the TTX sales & marketing MBA's think about such.....

FidelityDiscount_22Dec2020.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies