dlhasse

Can TurboTax explain why they calculated a $1217 federal refund but the IRS only sent $17? Where did I respond to their interview for data incorrectly?

There is 98.4% of my refund missing and I would like a clear explanation why, please. The IRS also sent me a notice, dated March 1, that my second economic impact payment would be reduced to $600.
Bsch4477

We can’t see your return. You would have to get an explanation from the IRS. 

DanaB27

It seems as if at least part of your refund was reduced by the Recovery Rebate Credit amount since the IRS has in their records that you received it. 

If you received Notice 1444 in the mail but have not received your payment as mentioned in the notice, then you need to request a trace to be able to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. Please see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments?

Also, you might want to call 1-800-304-3107 to find out if you had an offset that affected your tax refund. Please see Treasury Offset Program  for additional information.

But you will have to contact the IRS for specifics: 800-829-1040  7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time