Hello @38e5db7ec199 !
We no longer sell or support TurboTax products for tax years 2015, 2014, or earlier. If you still need to file a return an older tax year, here are some options:
- For federal returns, download and print the prior-year IRS tax forms and instructions at the IRS Prior Year Products page, or call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) to order.
- Using search on the IRS page: Enter the form, schedule, or publication you need (for example, 1040 or Schedule A) in the Find field and select Find. This brings up all current and previous editions. The corresponding tax year will be listed in the far right column.
- For state returns, contact your state's Department of Revenue or visit their website. Most of them let you download prior-year tax forms.
- Try an internet search, for example, file 2015 return or prepare 2013 taxes.
- Ask a local tax preparer or CPA for assistance.
Generally, it's no longer possible to claim a refund for tax years 2015 or earlier, as the 3-year statute of limitations has expired. However, you can still paper-file your return so that it's officially on file with the government.
Link to original article
Hope this helps!
No. You would have to go somewhere else or get the blank forms from the IRS and do them by hand. I have links to many years.
IRS Prior Year Picklist
TurboTax only has software for prior tax years, 2018 thru 2016.
If you need to file a tax return prior to 2016 you will either have to use a local tax professional or you can download for free the prior year federal forms, schedules and instructions from this IRS website - https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/priorFormPublication.html
Prior year tax returns can only be printed and mailed.
tt only supports 2016-2019 and com around November 2019, 2016 won't be supported.
on the web you can buy earlier year TT software, but those are either fake or if legit are unsupported. Unsupported means that was on the disk or download is what you get and it can not be updated. your return could contain errors. the same is probably true for other vendors.
if you want correct returns seek out a pro that has professional software that they keep for prior years and is fully up to date. your other option is to go to IRS website and download the prior year forms which will require manual preparation