jeliacasiano

Can my ex wife have her family members claim our kids

Can my ex wife   family  members  claim  my children  on a w2 taxes

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Your post still isn't clear (I'm not sure what "non lived with her" means) but I'm going to assume that your ex-wife and kids live with her Mom and brothers for most of the year.

You can't claim the children unless your ex-wife transfers the exemption to you using Form 8332.  For future years, that's something you may want the court to amend your child support agreement for.

Her parents or brothers may be able to claim the children in that situation if she is not required to file a return, of even if she is, if they have higher income than her.

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Who did the children live with in 2016 (her, or her and which family members?)
jeliacasiano

With my xwife  and it would  be her brothers or mom non lived with her that long also have 50\50custody and pay half mi income of child support
bwa
Alumni
Alumni