Solved: Can my daughters husband who is military claim her on his taxes. She was married and moved out in end of aug 2017

angiebeckmen

Can my daughters husband who is military claim her on his taxes. She was married and moved out in end of aug 2017

Spouse's cannot be claimed as dependents.  If they were legally married and lived together at any time during the last six months of the year then they can only file as Married Filing Jointly or Married Filing Separately.   Your daughter has to give her permission to file as Married Filing Jointly 

angiebeckmen

Thank you
Hal_Al

Is your real question: can you still claim her as a dependent, now that she is married?

Yes, if the other dependent rules are met and she and her husband agree to let you. If they do, her new husband is required to file as Married Filing Separately, which always results in more taxes for him.

For details, see a similar question at https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2938663-can-i-claim-my-daughter-who-got-married-on-december-19th-2...