erickv915

Can my dad claim me in his tax returns?and if you were able to help me change the settings on my account, so that my dad is able to claim me?

DanaB

If you meet the requirements to be your dad's dependent then your dad can claim you on his tax return. Please see the FAQ who can be claimed as a dependent below. If your dad can claim you then you need to mark in TurboTax that you can be claimed as a dependent. Please follow these instructions: 

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "Take Me To My Return"
  3. Click "My Info" from the left side of your screen
  4. Click “Edit” next to your name
  5. Please scroll down to “3. A few other things we need to know”  and check "Yes" under “Someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return

DanaB

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "Take Me To My Return"
  4. Click “Edit” next to your name