turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use Turbo Tax for more than one taxpayer

Can I use Turbo Tax software for more than one taxpayer

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Not if you are using the Online version.  If you use the Online version, you can prepare one return (Federal & State) per UserID. To prepare another return you would need to create a new account (UserID).  If you use the same UserID to prepare another return, the second return would overwrite the first one.

How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
------------------------------------

If you use the Desktop version (CD/Download), you can prepare unlimited returns.  You receive 5 Free Federal e-files, after the 5 the returns must be mailed.  There is a charge to e-file a State return.  Deluxe and above include one Free State program.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes, I have done it every year for 20 years.  Never had a problem.    I do taxes for my parents, siblings, grown kids...whole family.  You only get one "free" e-file though. 

Not if you are using the Online version.  If you use the Online version, you can prepare one return (Federal & State) per UserID. To prepare another return you would need to create a new account (UserID).  If you use the same UserID to prepare another return, the second return would overwrite the first one.

How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
------------------------------------

If you use the Desktop version (CD/Download), you can prepare unlimited returns.  You receive 5 Free Federal e-files, after the 5 the returns must be mailed.  There is a charge to e-file a State return.  Deluxe and above include one Free State program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies