turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DJL20

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

Please send me my "code" since I was overcharged.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

@DJL20 No one in the user forum can send you the license code---if that is even the code you are asking for.  We cannot tell since you added on to a thread that has other questions and replies.   And we do not know why you are saying you were overcharged.   You will need to sort it all out with customer support.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Calamocha

I can not locate the activation code for Turbo 2020. I used it to file my 2020 taxes but I can't locate it. I have the disc and the case but not the code.

Calamocha

I bought it at Target

@ Calamocha wrote:

I can not locate the activation code for Turbo 2020. I used it to file my 2020 taxes but I can't locate it. I have the disc and the case but not the code.

I bought it at Target.

If you purchased a 2020 CD at Target and no longer have the insert with the activation code, you'll need to talk to TurboTax Support and explain your situation and ask them for assistance.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I cannot find my license code on my downloaded turbotax

Did you buy it directly from Turbo Tax or somewhere else?

Where to find the License Code
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

Rkolb2243

I download it directly online my TurboTax, 2022, but did not try to activate it for several days. Now I need an activation code.  Do not know where to find it.

Ronald K, telephone, [phone number removed]

@Rkolb2243

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

could not get state software to activate after download so i deleted expecting to re download but am unable

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you try to download it, what is the error or message that appears? @jamallinger

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I attempt to enter the license code from my CD, I'm told the code is associated with a different Intuit account. I can't find the other account and want to download directly to my PC laptop.

I do not see the order in my list of purchases and I don't know which Intuit account my wife and I used to purchase the Tax Year 2022 TurboTax Advantage Premiere CD.

@Lyncherson   Did you already install the CD on another computer?  

Even though you can install it 5 times, it seems you can only use the CD 1 time unless you install it on another computer using the other operating system like Mac.  And if you installed from the CD it seems you can not download it from online.  You can't do both CD and download.   See the info on this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

Or try copying the CD to a usb flash drive.  See SteamTrains post here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/why-can-t-i-install-turbotax-on-my-laptop-via-dow...

You can only find the purchase if you remember which account ID you used to make the purchase. If you don't remember, there is no easy way to figure out how to find the purchase -- certainly not by contacting Intuit Support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies