turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

If you Downloaded from a retailer and can't find the License Code

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/855903

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

I Can't find my activation code

@tnykiel444 wrote:

I Can't find my activation code

Did you purchase directly from the TurboTax website or from an authorized retailer?

FAQ:  I can't find my license code

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

Dessolyn

I purchased 2020 Deluxe from Amazon and downloaded program but never received an activation code or didn’t see it. 

Did you contact Amazon? I'm sure that it's someone on their system, likely in your digital locker.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dessolyn  If you purchased your TurboTax Download directly from an authorized retailer, your license code should be included in your order confirmation. Check your email or your order history. If it’s not there, you’ll need to contact the retailer directly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I ordered from Amazon in February but my computer needed to be updated and before I could do that, I needed to order an external hard drive.  This took a long time.  Ive finally downloaded and installed TurboTax but I have no idea where to find the activation code.  And, it looks like I was charged for this twice.  Please help..

@ConnieDDarnell You're going to need to contact Amazon, especially with regard to the double charge. No one here can help you with a problem specific to your purchase on a 3rd party site like Amazon.

One user said......

I was just having this same issue, but I just figured it out. So I thought I'd share in case you are still looking for an answer. Go to Your Account; then Digital Games and Software (under Digital Content and Devices section at the bottom middle); your TurboTax purchase should show there under Downloads and Codes; the license code will be the 16 digit code next ot "Activation Key". Hope this helps!

And see this user's steps

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-purchased-the-2019-turbotax-desktop-version-on-...

ch185150
Returning Member

I have a customer she called she has the activation however she cannot go any further . the page is blank.How may I proceed plz

@ ch185150 wrote:

I have a customer she called she has the activation however she cannot go any further . the page is blank.How may I proceed plz

Are you using Windows?  And at the end of installation is the activation screen window blank?

If so, a blank or partially-blank activation screen may be related to either a screen resolution or scaling problem in your Windows settings.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.   Or for a shortcut, you may be able to simply right-click on an empty area of the main Windows desktop monitor screen (not the TurboTax program screen) and in the popup menu choose "Display settings".

First try the scaling setting.  In your Windows Settings do you have scale set to a higher value than the normal 100%?  If so, change it back to 100%. Once the license code is entered and activated, you can later change your scaling setting back like it was.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.   If that doesn't work, then try 1024x768.   Once you get the license activated, you can revert your resolution setting back like it was.

ch185150
Returning Member

cx tried all the steps. it wont let her type the lice code. it shows it but it wont let her type it

@ ch185150 wrote:

cx tried all the steps. it wont let her type the lice code. it shows it but it wont let her type it

Well, at least it has improved some. At first you said the page was blank.  So the elements are at least now starting to show up.  So apparently there is now at least a place to enter the code.

The solution for not being able to make an entry is probably part of the same spectrum--a display problem.  She just has to get the settings tweaked.  

So she adjusted the scale down to 100%?

And she also tried a screen resolution of 800X600, and if unsuccessful, she then tried 1024x768?   If so, she can try a slightly higher resolution; i.e., she can keep working up a little at a time and seeing if an intermediate resolution will work.

Ric12

I want to download my code where do I do that

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please visit the TurboTax Help article below for information on how to enter your activation code. 

Activating TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies