turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ellshoup

Can I start over? I accidentally filled a w-2 section with info from a 1099-misc form and it won't let me undo, erase, start over.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Can I start over? I accidentally filled a w-2 section with info from a 1099-misc form and it won't let me undo, erase, start over.

In TurboTax Online, you can erase your return and start from scratch as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

1. If you haven't already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button.
  2. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also see here -How do I delete a W-2?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

In TurboTax Online, you can erase your return and start from scratch as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered.

1. If you haven't already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button.
  2. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also see here -How do I delete a W-2?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies