Can I retrieve my partially filled out 2017 return? I was working in turbotax online in March or April of 2018.

I have purchased the cd/download recently for 2017 to be able to complete the 2017 return.

How do I finish a prior-year return that I started in TurboTax Online?

If you started your 2015, 2016, or 2017 return in TurboTax Online but didn't finish it before the shutdown, you can always start over in the TurboTax CD/download software, available for purchase at TurboTax.com.

You can also transfer your incomplete return to the CD/download software if you don't want to start from scratch. Here's how:

1.    Purchase the TurboTax CD/Download software and install it on your PC or Mac computer.

o    If you're also doing a state return, be sure to download and install the corresponding state program on your PC or Mac.

2.    Now sign in at TurboTax.com with the same login you used to prepare your prior-year return.

3.    Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.

4.    Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in Step 3. Select the file and click Open.

5.    You can now finish up in the software. You'll need to paper-file, as e-filing for prior years is no longer available.