turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I prepare nominee 1099 forms using deceased dad(died 2017) as payee and mom as recipient where deceased father rec'd1099 Int and 1099G in his social security number?

Dad died 2017.  Mom still living.  All assets are held jointly with dad and mom.

Filed joint return for mom and dad for 2017.  They rec'd a refund.

In 2018 deceased dad rec'd 1099int and 1099g (for state tax refund) in his social security number.

Banks and state will not change social security to my mom's social security number.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I prepare nominee 1099 forms using deceased dad(died 2017) as payee and mom as recipient where deceased father rec'd1099 Int and 1099G in his social security number?

Forget about the 1099 nominee income and just add the 1099INT and 1099G to her return.

Take copy of death certificate to bank and have them change SSN on account for current year.

Most places refuse to change 1099's once issued.

If IRS should inquire (which is unlikely) show them that the income has been reported - as she is joint owner of the account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Forget about the 1099 nominee income and just add the 1099INT and 1099G to her return.

Take copy of death certificate to bank and have them change SSN on account for current year.

Most places refuse to change 1099's once issued.

If IRS should inquire (which is unlikely) show them that the income has been reported - as she is joint owner of the account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies