ashanaa

Can I pay Turbo Tax now thru my credit card, but File both Fed & State taxes later and before tax deadline?

AndreaC1

Yes. You can follow these steps and it will walk you through the steps to get to screen to pay.

• Log into your return and click orange Take me to my return button 
  • From the My Account drop-down at the top, select Print Center.
  • In the pop-up, click the first option (Print, save, or preview this year's return). If you haven't paid or registered yet, you'll be prompted to do so now
  • Click Pay now there on that screen

AndreaC1

• Click Pay now there on that screen
ashanaa

I did that. But my question is, say I pay for my taxes today, can I wait till Apr 15 to file my taxes? I'm still waiting on some sections, like charities, to be completed.
AndreaC1

Yes, you can pay now and file it later. So as long as you transmit/file your return before midnight on April 18, 2017, you are fine.
ashanaa

Thank you.!