Solved: Can I pay for TurboTax now to lock in the lower rate?

bfos86

Can I pay for TurboTax now to lock in the lower rate?

I would like to pay for my TurboTax subscription now to lock in the lower cost, but I will not be able to complete my taxes for a few weeks.  Can I pay now and prepare later?  Thanks!

AshleyRose

You can prepay at any time by following the steps below:

1. Open your return (if you're not already in it) by signing in at www.turbotax.com and clicking the orange Take me to my return button. Continue past the blue Simple and accurate screen.
    • If you already filed your return, you won't see an orange button. Instead, click Add a state to get back into your return (don't worry, we're not really adding a state).
  2. Select File on the right side of your screen and proceed to the Review your order screen.
    • On mobile devices, tap the 3 white lines in the upper left corner to open the side menu which contains the File option.
  3. Click Start or Revisit and follow the onscreen instructions to submit payment.

We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and pre-paid cards with a U.S. billing address.

Another payment option is to deduct your fees from your federal refund (charges may apply). Sorry, we're unable to accept check, money order, or cash payments.

AshleyRose