Ask the Experts about Life Changes in 2021 >> Event happening TODAY!
gonfry

Can I include my son who turned 20 in 2017.He attends college full time with part-time job. Earned wages 6,787 I paid over half of his care living at home for the year.

He has been dependent since born. Please let me know if I can still claim him as dependent reporting his income earned on my return. Or he need to file his own tax return and no longer be my dependent. 

Thank you for your kind attention. 

Sincerely, 

Patricio 

Yes you can still claim him since he is under 24 and a full time student.  He does have to file his own return for his income.  Are you using the Desktop program?  Go up to FILE - NEW.  Be sure on his return to check the box that says he can be claimed on someone else’s return.