Can I file my full time job now because I have my ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I file my full time job now because I have my W2 and then file my DoorDash job later?

2 Replies
Level 15

Can I file my full time job now because I have my W2 and then file my DoorDash job later?

No.  You are required to report all income received in 2020 on only one tax return.  There is no rush to file since the IRS will not be accepting any 2020 tax returns until late January 2021.

Level 15

NO.

All of your 2020 income must be on the same tax return.  If you do not put it all on the same Form 1040 you will have to amend your tax return later---a process that takes about 6 months.

The IRS is not accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until the end of January.  Wait and prepare your 2020 return correctly with all of your income.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings