wallflower-1975

Can I file if my state tax form isn’t ready to be processed

Kat

You can file your federal return only, but then you'll have to come back and file your state return later.  The best idea is to wait until your state forms are ready and e-file both returns together.  I'm sharing a link below to a TurboTax FAQ that shows proposed state forms availability.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

If you DO file your federal return alone, keep in mind that you won't be able to file your state return until your federal return has been accepted by the IRS.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
GiseleD

If your return requires forms that are not yet available, it is recommended that you wait to file until they are available. Please click the below links to check forms availability:

Federal forms

State forms