turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fluffyed

Can I file California Personal tax before October 31st? My transmission didn't go through and I was told to wait until 01/27. How can I file?

Everything is entered properly, it just won't allow my transmission to go through.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
je90

Can I file California Personal tax before October 31st? My transmission didn't go through and I was told to wait until 01/27. How can I file?

Yeah, there was some kind of error in which the IRS e-file system was closed despite the 10/20 for rejected returns and 10/31 for in-progress returns. This was just resolved for Federal but not for California. I was told to file by mail instead i.e. "sucks to be you".

Which is hilarious because if you print out the file-by-mail forms, they say right there "You still have time to file electronically". Charming.

Yeah well life is not perfect  and changes to the messages need to go thru tech support which were off for the weekend ... this will probably get corrected this week. 

GabiU
Level 15

@fluffyed Are you still receiving this message? If Yes, are you willing to post a screenshot so I can alert the product team? Please remove all personal information from the screenshot if you post here. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies