turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crackerb

Can I do more than my own taxes, state & federal, or can I do a friend as well? What is the cost to e-file a 2nd return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Can I do more than my own taxes, state & federal, or can I do a friend as well? What is the cost to e-file a 2nd return

Using the Desktop version as you are, you can prepare any number of federal returns that you want to do.  You can only e-file 5, though, and the rest will have to be mailed.  The 5 are free to e-file.  It doesn't matter whose returns they are, family or friend.

Since you purchased Deluxe, you can download one state program for free and can use it as many times as you want.  Each state e-file costs $19.99 but you can print and mail them for free.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

Using the Desktop version as you are, you can prepare any number of federal returns that you want to do.  You can only e-file 5, though, and the rest will have to be mailed.  The 5 are free to e-file.  It doesn't matter whose returns they are, family or friend.

Since you purchased Deluxe, you can download one state program for free and can use it as many times as you want.  Each state e-file costs $19.99 but you can print and mail them for free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies