turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I claim Tricare health premiums

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

That would be a deductible medical expense. Medical expenses are only deductible if you itemize deductions, and are only deductible in the year paid. If you do itemize, only the portion of your total medical expenses that exceed 10% of your adjusted gross income are deductible. (That limit is 7.5% if either you are your spouse is age 65 or older. For those taxpayers, the 10% limit does not take effect until 2017.)

Medical expenses are under the deductions and credits tab, then explore on my own, then medical.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

That would be a deductible medical expense. Medical expenses are only deductible if you itemize deductions, and are only deductible in the year paid. If you do itemize, only the portion of your total medical expenses that exceed 10% of your adjusted gross income are deductible. (That limit is 7.5% if either you are your spouse is age 65 or older. For those taxpayers, the 10% limit does not take effect until 2017.)

Medical expenses are under the deductions and credits tab, then explore on my own, then medical.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies